Friday, October 11, 2013

Cardworks, Day Three

Today is day three for my blog and so I am posting two pictures of the same card.  This is a good card for sympathy or encouragement. 

The verse is stamped first with VersaMark and then embossed with a green metallic-type powder.  Then I placed the following layers: (1) Spellbinders die (2) Two to three sheets of wax paper, and (3) the paper, carefully centering it.  The wax paper helps the green paper come out of the die more easily.  Carefully remove paper and wax paper from die; reinsert the green oval lightly into the die. I then used a dauber to lightly shade in green the outside of the verse.  If you place two or three sheets of wax paper between the piece of paper and the die, the piece will come out more easily and completely than if you just put the paper and die together.  They will get stuck if it is a complex die pattern!

I then embossed a dark green CS with a Cuttlebug and folder. Using a round punch, I reverse-rounded the corners of the paper. I attached the dark green CS to the light green card with DST.  I added the completed oval to the top of the dark green CS with pop-ups, as needed, to elevate it.

Finally, I used a mint-green satin ribbon for a bow and attached a white rose with a wire base, wrapping it around the middle of the bow.  I tried to use a large glue dot with some smaller ones to anchor the bow/rose combination but that didn't work.  I ended up leaving the glue dots in place (they were semi-sticky) and used Aleene's Quick Drying Super Tacky Glue to attach it.  I used finger pressure for several minutes to make sure it would stick.



"May God who understands..." View 1


"May God who understands each need.." Close-up View 2

I hope you have enoyed this card.  If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!


Linda

"Be still and know that I am God." Psalms 46:10
.

No comments: