Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Get Well Card

 Greetings Stampers & Friends!

This card was made with a very special technique that I like to call "flying by the seat of my pants."  :)

Sometimes I get ideas while going through my paper scraps that I just can't get rid of. That's the story with this card. I had some cards left over from Easter that were embossed with different patterns that I didn't use. I wanted to use some of the stamps that I bought at the Allentown Stamp Show and then I started digging through my scrap paper to see what else I could find. This is the final result.

 
This is Blackberry Bliss cardstock from Stampin' Up, embossed with dots. I bought a mini-flower stamp set from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps that I used here (stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento Dye Ink). I used this specific ink because I wanted to fill in the flower with Copic markers and the markers won't bleed if you use this brand of ink. I used Copic markers R81, R83 and R85 for the flower petals and E74 and E57 in the flower center. The flower was stamped from the set "Mini-Flower Blocks #2, SNS 14-032" from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.

Underneath the flower is SU cardstock called Eggplant and is stamped with a design from Our Daily Bread Designs called "Ornate Borders and Flowers, #F430."  This is backed with black cardstock.

Behind this is an ornate metallic silver square cut out with Spellbinders Nestabilities
#S4-318 called "Fleur de Lis Squares." I used the largest die.

The sentiment is from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps #SNS 13-034 called "Wishing You Well."
I backed it with a silver metallic oval punch by SU.

I hope you have enjoyed this card today. Please leave a comment or even become a follower! I appreciate it very much. Thanks. 

Happy stamping!

Linda


"Be still and know that I am God."
Psalms 46:10

No comments: