Saturday, April 18, 2015

A Word of Encouragement

 
Greetings Stampers & Friends!

A word of encouragement.....don't we ALL need it at some point in our lives? Whether we've been disappointed by someone or if an illness has gotten us down, we all need to be lifted up at some point and a homemade card has a way of doing just that!

My sentiment stamps today are from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps "God is Bigger, SNS-13-065." This is a really nice stamp set if you want some positive, short sentiments to send to someone.  The front of the card says "Don't give up," while the inside says, "Praying you through this."  Some of the other sayings in the set are "God's got this; Think positive; You will rise above; God has your back; You inspire me," among many others.

The sentiment on the front of the card was stamped in "sepia" from Archival Ink. The sentiment on the inside of the card was stamped in "Frost White" from Color Block inks on Chocolate Chip cardstock from SU.

Also on the front of the card, I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder called "Distressed Stripes" to make the Chocolate Chip paper look "woodsy."

The flower on the front is the same one that I have used in two other cards.  It wasn't intentional--lol.  I loved the stamp, started practicing with it right away and made three flowers. This is also from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps, "SNS-14-032 Mini-Flower Blocks #2." I filled all three with different Copic marker colors as soon as the Memento Tuxedo Black Ink was dry. I was trying to decide which Copic colors I liked the best and as it turned out, I loved all three!

The center of the flower has just a touch of  "Flower Soft" in Ivory, adhered with Tombo Mono Aqua Liquid Glue.

For the vines, I used Spellbinders Shapeabilities "S5-129 Foliage Two."

I used Stampin' Up paper in the following colors: Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake and Garden Green.

Three very light gold pearls were attached to the upper right corner (from my stash).

I have to say, this card went together as easy as peanut butter and jelly!

Don't give up!
 
 
Try to give someone a word of encouragement who needs it today.
 
Happy Stamping!
 
Linda
 
 
"Be still and know that I am God."
Psalms 46:10
.
 
 

No comments: