Friday, April 17, 2015

It's A Scrappy Card!

Greetings Stampers & Friends!

Today was a "scrappy" kind of day where I went into the scrap box and picked out some patterned and plain colors of paper that I wanted to use up. I have no idea where I bought this paper but my educated guess is Michael's.

What spurred the colors In this card were the Peerless Water Colors that I wanted to try (since buying them at the Allentown Stamp Show). I brought out the Strathmore 140# watercolor paper and tried out various color combinations, and came up with the ones in the rectangular "Happy Birthday." 

I decided what I wanted and then chose a "Happy Birthday" stamp and stamped it on a new sheet of Strathmore paper with VersaMark (clear).  I used a white opaque embossing powder and heated it up. After it cooled down, I applied water to the watercolor paper and added the colors.  I love how "Happy Birthday" just popped right up after the colors were applied.

After this dried, I took some of the 1/8th of an inch ScorPal tape, applied it to all four edges and put some of the Diamond Glitter from Stampin' Up. I decided to heat it with the heat gun to keep it from shedding.

I used the Martha Stewart punch on the white vertical paper.

I used one of the small butterfly from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps "Majestic Moments SNS13-025" and their matching die set SNSD-036. I filled them in with Copic markers.



 
 
Happy Stamping!
 
Linda
 
 
"Be still and know that I am God."
Psalms 46:10
 

No comments: